Book Review | The Flight by Julie Clark

By Ciara Rosney - June 22, 2020



Two women with completely different lives have one huge thing in common: they want to escape and leave the danger of their old lives behind. After a chance encounter at JFK airport, Claire and Eva form a plan to switch places and drop off the grid when they land. But will both women reach their destination?

Full of twists, turns and, most importantly, more of an understanding of abusive relationships, The Flight is the perfect gripping suspense story to read this summer. The book barely left my hands and I'm not ashamed to admit that I feel asleep with it still in my grip on multiple occasions because of how late I tried to stay up to get through just one more chapter...

The story is told from the points of view of both women, alternating with each chapter. Although I've previously found this to be off-putting, I thought it was such a brilliant way to suck me in. We go through different points in the timeline and slowly begin to see how these two women are somehow connected, despite how unlikely it would be. But that's one of the things I love most about it; it's an unlikely situation but still possible. Through the unraveling of each woman's past, they both started to set up a permanent residence in my heart. Each action and decision they made, I was rooting for them with such passion I rarely have for fiction characters.

I was hooked from the first chapter. Clark's impressive writing truly had me addicted and begging for more, even after the ending that sent a shiver down my spine.

Such a brilliant story that I all but beg everyone to read.

The Flight is available to pre-order from Waterstones before its June 25 release.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments