2020 Releases I'm Excited to Read

By Ciara Rosney - June 03, 2020


Even though we're now not far from hitting the halfway mark on the year, there are still so many book releases to keep us excited. There are a few that were announced last year that I pre-ordered instantly and those I've only recently discovered but still can't wait to get my hands on as soon as possible. Admittedly, I've been out of the loop when it comes to keeping up to date with new releases, hence the small list. 

So while the list is small, I've no doubt that there will be new books I'll discover when I spot them on the shelves in Waterstones - other bookshops are available. If you have any recommendations of upcoming releases for the rest of 2020, let me know down below in the comments!


25 JUNE

Starting off on a slightly different book than the others but still just as exciting. For those of you who don't know, Caroline Hirons is the absolute queen of skin care. I've followed her for years and base pretty much all skin-related decisions on her opinion, and so far my skin hasn't looked any better! When she announced last year that a book would be coming out, I knew it would become my own little bible.

Just recently Hirons did an Instagram Live where she through what was included in this book. Let me tell you, she hasn't missed anything out. Seeking the help of medical professionals in the areas she isn't so sure on, it's clear that a lot of hard work has been put into ensuring readers are given exactly what they're paying for: decades worth of experience and knowledge.


3 AUGUST

If you haven't listened to Chris and Rosie's podcast Shagged. Married. Annoyed. then this is a sign to drop everything and go listen to it. There aren't enough words in the dictionary to describe how brilliant it is. Every episode leaves me crying with laughter. When they announced they were releasing a book, I jumped right on board and pre-ordered as soon as I could.

The level of honesty is admirable. Basically, they don't give a care in the world. That's what's making me so excited for this release. I've followed along with their documentation online of their process for writing this. What questions from the public will they answer in this? Will their stories be more disgusting and cringe-worthy than they allow in their podcast? I hope so! Writing about the highs and lows of life, I'm sure this book will leave me belly laughing after each page. I truly cannot wait.


20 AUGUST
   
Matt Haig is one of those authors who not only writes brilliantly, but has an amazing social media presence. Ever since he first mentioned he was writing the then unknown novel, I knew I'd be adding it to my basket right away. It may not be for everyone as the book focuses on a suicidal young woman who finds herself in the Midnight Library: a place to discover how her life would have been had she done things differently. With the help of a friends, Nora can undo every single on of her regrets as she tries to work out her perfect life, but soon her choices put her in extreme danger. Before time runs out, she must answer the ultimate question: what is the best place to live?

Having read (and loved!) a handful of Haig's books, I know this will be dark but laced with humour and moments that will break my heart. Boy, am I ready for it. There hasn't been that much information put out into the public for there to be any spoilers, so it'll be interesting to read where Nora finds herself. Haven't we all wished we could see how our lives would have panned out had we been given the chance to change just one thing? Perhaps everything is meant to be but you'd be lying if you said you wouldn't jump at the opportunity Nora's given. I'm counting down the days until I finally have this book in my hands!


15 SEPTEMBER 

Having absolutely devoured the entire series last year, I was elated when J.K. Rowling (Galbraith) announced the latest instalment of the Strike series. I've been keeping an eye out on Rowling's Twitter account for any information on Troubled Blood but she's been keeping a tight lip on what Strike and Robin will get up to next. The lack of clues makes me even more excited.

With promises of more skilful misdirection and shocking plot twists, it'll be fascinating to read about the growing fondness the two main characters have for each other. Rowling has said she's planning for at least another ten, including this one everyone's dying to get their hands on. Will that be more than enough for a series? I hope not. I'm completely on board with another ten, if not more!













  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments